This is one of my all-time favorite recipes and I don’t change a thing! Therefore I got special permission – all the way from Belle Plaine, Minnesota – to print it in my blog. We have loved these bars for years and years. I hope you enjoy them too.
Marian Sass’ Pumpkin Bars
- 2 c. flour 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp. baking powder 2 c. canned pumpkin*
- 1/2 tsp. salt 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs 1 c. oil
Mix all ingredients together (no special order). Bake for 25 minutes at 350 ̊ in a 10×15 inch pan (or as 24 cupcakes). Frost with the following cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 3 oz. cream cheese 1 tsp. vanilla
- 6 T. butter 1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 T. cream
These are delicious when black walnuts or butternuts are used.
*My recipe to Bake Your Own Pumpkin Pulp